The Men’s Health Forum, a charity whose mission is to improve the health of men and men’s health services in England, Wales and Scotland, run an annual Men’s Health Week to help raise awareness of men’s health issues.
This year the Men’s Health Week will be taking place from the 14th until the 21st of June, with the focus being on asking how do we move forwards?
“Everybody’s mental health has been challenged by the lockdowns and insecurities of the last year and it’s not over. As we emerge from what we hope will be the worst of the pandemic, questions, concerns and anxieties remain.”
Men’s Health Forum
For the week they are running a CAN DO Challenge, where the Forum is encouraging people to try a different way to wellbeing each day.
The five ways are:
- Connect – connect with other people (eg. call an old friend you haven’t since before lockdown) #connectmonday
- (Be) Active – move your body (eg. go for a run/walk/swim/dance/etc) #activetuesday
- Notice – take notice of the environment around you (eg. turn off your phone for an hour) #noticewednesday
- Discover – learn something new (eg. read a book you haven’t read before) #discoverthursday
- Offer (or give) – do something for someone else (eg. volunteer for a local community group) #offerfriday
The Forum has also released 50 ideas to do for the challenge if you need inspiration, you can view them here: 50 Champion Ideas for the CAN DO Challenge
SOURCE & FIND OUT MORE: Men’s Health Forum’s CAN DO Challenge